I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

...but I do know when I'll be back!  August 19, to be exact.  Not long enough!  And too long!  Is that possible?  Some of my heart stayed in Grenada, for sure!  But just now, I'll be going back to get it.  But meanwhile, I plan to enjoy life at my "home" home to the fullest.  I'm so excited to see my family and friends.  And meet a niece of mine that I never met yet!  On the flip side, I know things will be....weird.  Ok, not weird.  Just....different!  Different's ok sometimes, but not when its because you been away from home for 11 months and life went on without you.  What did I expect?

But anyway - some things I've been looking forward to:

FAMILY
no (hardly any) mosquitoes and ants
camping!
driving (on the right side of the road!)
corn-on-the-cob
not looking like a dork 'cause I don't understand what people are saying :)
strawberries (maybe, hopefully, please!)
not cooking
dryer sheets smell on my clothes
thunderstorms
my room (guess I'll just have to look at it, because my sister moved in while I was gone...)
...and more things, that I'm sure I'm not thinking of now!

But they'll be some things I'll miss too...

my friends


my students


my sista from another mista :)


the beach

bus rides
saying "good morning", "good afternoon", and "goodnight"
mangoes and fried plantain
the singing at church
football
palm trees
walking everywhere
...stuff like that

Comments

Popular Posts