Time Marches On!


Since so much time has elapsed since my last update, I'll just hit the highlights....mostly in pictures.

We hiked from the top of the island (Sauteurs) to the bottom of the island (The Limes).  Yup!  All 29 miles of it.  And we accomplished it in about 9 hours.  Can anyone say "sore feet"?  Maybe even 10 times?!

Trying to look awake as we start off early on our long walk.

Once again entering our beloved parish - St. George.

Finally home!
I went to the wintery northland for 10 days over Christmas and got to see it snow!  Three different times!  Yes, I was in my glory and I was almost content to watch it from behind the warm confines of the window....almost!  It was fun to see my family, especially when they all came over for Christmas day.  I also got to hold my #5 niece - Autumn!

Kelly and I with S.N.O.W!!!
Connor, Mariah, & Sienna

I  returned in time for Old Year's Night (commonly known as New Year's Eve, elsewhere! :)  Every year we have an activity for the church and the Limes community including some games, pizza, and a pinata.  We also looked and old pictures from years gone by and watched a video about the life of Jesus.  This year it was decided that we would not bus out to a nearby point to watch the fireworks because of the amount of people that we would have needed to fit into one bus.  Instead we craned our necks to watch them from the church veranda.  Afterwards, the church youth visited and ate a {very} late supper. For the first time in a while, I saw the first day of the year dawn....and then I went to bed!

My lovely cousins came to visit me.  People thought a long lost sister had arrived or else my twin! :)  We had a fun time together.  One day we went on a whirlwind tour of the island.  We also visited the beach (of course!) and spent some time shopping in town.  They stayed for 1 week, spending part of their time up in the country, with their other cousins!    The time they were here was hardly long enough!


Amanda & I
Amber, Ashley, Amanda, & I

The wild monkeys were very friendly.  Until you tried to steal their bananas, that is!

Some of my favorite Grenadian food - Passionfruit juice, baked chicken, callaloo, macaroni pie, and pumpkin!

Finally, we went fishing again!  At the first place we tried the waves were crashing too high over the rocks we wanted to stand on to fish off of.  So off to the next place we went - Flat Rock - a little point behind the SGU medical school.  The success rate was not very high, but just getting to be out the under the star-filled sky by the ocean was good enough for me!

Fishing off the rocks
And now it's back to school again after a wonderful three-week holiday.  It was good to get back in the routine of school.  One of the first-graders has moved up to my classroom, and so now I'm busier than ever....and pretty much loving it!

Comments

Popular Posts