Kites & Bible School

The main attraction in the pasture one day was the attempt to fly an approximately 9-foot high kite.



 They finally got it up with help from a lot of guys pulling on the rope which was attached to a telephone pole!
The outcome was not so good though - this monstrosity of a kite finally came down....and not in the way it was supposed to.  It came down quickly and in someone's yard bringing down an electric wire and cutting off our electric with it!


Vacation Bible School is here!  And with it lots of children!  Our record attendance so far this week was 160 children and youth.  Twenty-three of them were in my class yesterday.  Let's just say my class wasn't one of the quieter ones!


Don't get me wrong though, they are a sweet class...mostly...even though none of them shared their gummy worms or swedish fish with me! :(  One of the students did bring me a lollipop so that satisfied my sweet tooth for awhile.  There's only been a few fights.  But most importantly, they're learning about Jesus.  Our lessons this year our about the power of Jesus and the miracles He did.  And even though sometimes it feels like none of them are paying very good attention, they're getting more out of Bible School then I think they are.  So pray with me that the seeds that are planted this week would take root in these young lives!
Sunil, Ezekiel, Kajur & Tamara proudly displaying the gummy worms they received.
Izayah

Stephon and Ezekiel

Ezekiel

A small part of my class at the craft station

Stephon

Amaya & Kajur

Comments

Popular Posts