Thanks"living"

Thanksgiving has come and gone.  But the time for thankfulness has not!  I am reminded so often about all I have to be thankful for.  It's sad that the thing that reminds me the most, is when I hear of others who are lacking a certain thing...a loved one, food, shelter, clothes, or health.  I wish I would be thankful always instead of mostly when I hear about others misfortunes.

Thanksgiving also reminded me of my "One Thousand Gifts" list.  After reading the book by the same name, written by Ann Voskamp, I took her advice and started my own list, detailing the numerous (and oft forgotten) things I have to be thankful for.  Sadly, that list is tucked somewhere, forgotten (until now) and unfinished.  But now that I've remembered, out it will come again, and added to.....repeatedly.  Because.... I.AM.BLESSED!

Since my family now includes in-laws, we have to share.  This means our Thanksgiving dinner is no longer on Thanksgiving Day, so that the whole family can be here!  It was a full house and a fun day!








Comments

Popular Posts