Snow Day

Apparently, I think snow days are noteworthy.  I'm not sure why.  I guess they bring out the kid in me.  If that's true, then I don't ever want to grow up!

Snow days make me feel artsy.  They make me want to cook and bake and make hot drinks.  They make me want to dig out the sleds (wherever they are by now) and sled down the road at night, like we used to do when I was a kid.  They make me want to listen to music.  (By the way, if you need something to listen to whether it's a snow day where you're at or not, listen to this.  If my life had a soundtrack, this would be one of the songs.)

This particular snow day started with me making breakfast.  New recipes must always be utilized on snow days, so today's new recipe was Chive & Cheddar Cheese Pancakes and eggs.  Sweet stuff for breakfast is not really my thing (except for the occasional sticky bun. and cinnamon roll. and oatmeal pancake....but other than that...)

 The egg on top helped, but I'll admit - it was a little bit dry...


Next came the art project.  Chevron is harder to paint than it looks!  This is not the finished product.


Piper got some attention today.  Not sure it was the kind she wanted, but inspiration had struck!  Puppies in baby sleepers are adorable.  But doll clothes are not plentiful at my house and this puppy is getting pretty big.

Eventually the walk needed shoveled.  So these happened:


Dear, old Mac
 Since I was on a cooking spree, I volunteered to make supper.  Sweet potato gnochi, creamed spinach and fish were on the menu.

First, you start with some sweet potato, egg, & parmesan cheese. 

Add flour to make dough, roll, cut and press with a fork, then boil for a few minutes.
We topped them with alfredo sauce.  Now I know what they taste like.  I liked them, but wouldn't want to eat them every day.  They're pretty solid and heavy.

Interspersed with all that was some homework (just because it's a snow day, doesn't mean the teachers don't give homework!), some reading, and some *cough laziness cough.*

One snow day is about enough though.  I'm about to go crazy!  But it's snowing again....we were at around 11" and counting!

Comments

Popular Posts