{very} Random Thoughts


Hearing about so many young lives cut short has reminded me about the brevity of life.  It reminds me that life isn't all fun and games - they are things to be done - people to love and bless, and a God to glorify. 
But on the other hand, life is short.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  Live every day to the fullest, with no regrets.  Tell someone you love them, try new things, make new friends.  The older I get, the faster time flies!

 I'm working at this!
Embedded image permalink

Some of my best thinking is done while scrubbing the kitchen floor on hands and knees.  I realized then that if I ever have my own kitchen, I would appreciate a small one, maybe around 5' by 7'.  (I actually had some other thoughts too, lest you think my best thinking is.....lacking.)

I'm trying to cook more and make some new dishes.  That gnocchi I  made awhile back?  Not so good...and lots of leftover dough.  So I used the sweet potato dough to make ravioli filled with sausage, cream cheese, and cheese.  We ate them with spaghetti sauce and they tasted better than that gnocchi.


 My bedroom suite is going from this:

...to this:
 Since I'm finished with school till next semester, I'm trying to do a couple of projects in between jobs.  I'm experimenting with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Flow Blue.  It comes in a powder that you mix with water.  It dries with a chalky finish, but brightens up if you apply a sealer or finish coat on top.  It's a good paint to use if you're going for the distressed look, as it chips off easily.

Got to spend time with the little sister and go to a wedding. 

I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow for her checkup and I'm as nervous as....well, I'm just kinda nervous.  She's cleaner than this, by the way.

And that's all for this very random post.  I've considered deleting this whole post - it's quite the hodge-podge of thoughts.  But that's my life, I guess.

Final challenge:
 Ok, see ya later!

Comments

  1. thanks for the post. I liked the randomness and it's just good to see your face again and hear what you're doing. Enjoy your summer break! miss you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts