Pieces of My [summer] Story

"And so my prayer is that your story will have involved some leaving and some coming home, some summer and some winter, some roses blooming out like children in a play.  My hope is your story will be about changing, about getting something beautiful born inside of you, about learning to love a woman or a man, about learning to love a child, about moving yourself around water, around mountains, around friends, about learning to love others more than we love ourselves, about learning oneness as a way of understanding God.

We get one story, you and I, and one story alone.  God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and the resolution.  It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it?

"It might be time for you to go.  It might be time to change, to shine out....
-Donald Miller in Through Painted Deserts


Highlights of Summer
 
Trucking with Dad.

Camping the other weekend - so much fun and so many laughs!

I love camping here!

Grilled pizza - a lot of work, but oh, so good.



Best piece of graffiti I've seen in awhile! ;)
Okay, I won't!
 I helped with a VBS in York again this year.  First time in a long time.  Our class probably had the smallest number of students.  They were so good though!  I wasn't sure what to expect from 11 and 12 year old girls.


 Fun times with the nieces and nephews.  Eight of them to be exact.  First the petting zoo and then pony rides.  (Why would they all pick pony rides when you could ride a camel? Beats me!) Then lunch at McDonald's. Then playtime at the park.  Then naptime.....for me.  Hahaha, no, not really.
Connor, Mariah, me, Breanne, Sienna

The self-proclaimed vegetarian on the left is eating her chicken nuggets like an old pro. :)


This McDonald's had rather limited seating, so there was a girls' table and a boys' table (plus one girl).
Some boys don't like to get their picture taken.

We watched fireworks along the Susquehannah River in Harrisburg.

It's always a good time!

Fireworks over the river.

Got to visit Kelly.  We spent a fun two days using the rope swing and waterslide at the swimming hole, shopping, walking, being a little bit lazy, eating and of course, lots of talking.

Comments

Popular Posts