Philly & Family

This little girl surprised me with her bravery!  I think she might be a natural horsewoman.


Fall is almost here, and surprisingly, I'm getting excited!  
Not quite sure about seeing snow yet though.

He finally posed for me.  I was trying to capture those adorable freckles!

If this picture is blurry, it's because I don't think she ever stops moving!

For a short weekend away, I went with some friends to Philly.  It had been years since I had been there.  We filled our short time there to the max!

Eastern State Penitentiary was a favorite stop!  We walked around with headsets that narrated what we were seeing.  The penitentiary was mostly left how it had been when they stopped using it a couple decades ago.  It was kind of beautiful in an eerie kind of way.

Eastern State Penitentiary - so full of history and so interesting and a little bit eerie.


These beautiful ladies are my favorite!
 We went to Reading Terminal Market for breakfast/lunch.  I read that the cannoli's from Termini Bros. were a must-try.  There were no prices on any of the delicious-looking pastries, so we splurged (and shared) - at $4 a piece.  They were pretty good.  And we also tried authentic (I guess...) Philly cheesesteaks, with cheeze-whiz....who knew? 


We decided to hit the Liberty Bell first thing in the morning.  It was a wise decision.  We walked by later in the day and the line wrapped around the building.


 We also took a (free) tour of Independence Hall.  I believe it was my first time there.  The worst part of the tour was when we had to throw away our almost-full cups of coffee (otherwise known as our breakfast) before entering the building. :(

Independence Hall - so much history!

Philadelphia - city of brotherly love.

Elfreth's Alley - one of the oldest streets.
 We also saw the Philadelphia U.S. mint, Benjamin Franklin's grave, and a Quaker meeting house.  Needless to say, our feet were tired by the end of the day!

And that was my last hurrah before buckling down to school....now I must get back to packing my poor little brain full....


Comments

Popular Posts