Visiting Grenada

Probably the only reason I thought of posting today was because I have work to do, but I just keep pushing it off.  That work has been the main reason for the Long Silence.  It's just hard to make reading about pulmonary embolisms fun and exciting.  But the end (of the semester) is in sight, and right now, that keeps me going. 

*(And although I thought of posting that, I didn't even get it done - this first paragraph was written days, maybe even a month, ago!)*


Way back in June, you could find me tying up loose ends from summer classes, throwing stuff in some suitcases, and flying off to Grenada.  One week was hardly enough time to see everyone and get all things done that we wanted to do.
Goodbye USA, hello Grenada!

A lot of my little friends were at the same place as when I left - the pasture.


BBC beach in the evening
Enjoying our mangoes!
(Even though I had a slight allergic reaction to them later - did you know mangoes are from the poison ivy family?!)
Got to eat some Trini food - buss up shut with curry chicken.

Skie

Shanika
Hiking Mt. Qua Qua

The Carenage

Rhonda & I got to stay up in the "hole" - a street up in the back of the Limes where a lot of people we know live.

Shekinah & Ashley

I could've listened to them play pan for a long time!

Skie & Jada

Playing dominoes
The days flew by, visiting friends, waterfall jumping, walking around town, eating the food I missed so much, and just liming with friends.  It was so good to be back - no matter how long I'm gone, I think Grenada will always feel like my second home!

Comments

  1. Second home indeed!!! Love seeing these pix even though they are months old. We are hoping to get there this winter....please the Lord. So ready to be back...never know what you have till you are away from it and miss it! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts