Scenes from Week 3

I haven't been carrying my camera around a whole lot, but I did take a few pictures this week...

There are so many birds in Dakar.  I'm not sure what kind they are, but they come out in full force in the later afternoon and evening.  It's almost eerie to see so many birds just flying around the city.





I went to an artisan market this week.  To be honest, the experience was almost exhausting!  Every person I passed by asked me to "just look, please" and begged me to come into their stall.  And then I was expected to barter, which is an acquired skill, I think!








I also rode in a taxi in Senegal for the first time this week.  I should've gotten a picture of the outside - it didn't look very safe, but it got us where we wanted to go!  Here in Senegal, you are also expected to barter for the price of the taxi ride before you get into the taxi.


Thursday night is Community Gathering - a time of worship and prayer.  Usually one of the chaplains speaks.  And afterwards is our weekly ice cream, the only dessert on the ship!

Comments

Popular Posts