Here goes....for real, this time

So I'm thinking about discipline...and how I need more of it in my life.  Discipline in my eating habits, discipline in my spiritual life, and just in general.  So here's one place I thought I could start - this blog.  I (used to) love to write, but I just don't do much of it anymore.  Practice makes perfect they say, so......here goes!

Well school has started back and is now in full swing.  I had thought, with me traveling back to the States for two of the three week Christmas holiday, that I wouldn't be quite ready for school to start.  But surprisingly enough, I was!  And the students were too, thankfully.  Although, unfortunately they seemed to forget quite a bit of the things we had learned in the beginning of the year. :(

Here's a short introduction to my dear students:

Shenique

Not a day goes by that she doesn't shower me with hugs and kisses!  She is the mothering type and is always checking to make sure everyone's doing ok.  "You ok, Miss?" is something the teachers frequently hear from her.  And she has beautiful handwriting for a second-grader.


Kyle



Kyle is epitome of laidback.  Unfortunately he is often late for school, and he's the one that lives the closest - about a minute's walk!  Often as we go up to the church for chapel in the mornings, I see him meandering his way across the pasture - very, very slowly.  But his work is pretty much meticulous and many times he has no corrections in his schoolwork.  He's also very sharing - often buying a mint or another sweetie for me.  He's the one that I have the most interaction with outside of school, because he lives so close and he is a regular attender at church.

Leon


Leon has the most infectious laugh...when he really gets going. :)  He's the jokester in the class.  Before I got to know him, I thought he was quiet....but not anymore!  He loves to talk - too much sometimes, but I'm finding out that's the way it is with little boys.  He loves to do his work quickly.  Too quickly, sometimes I find when I grade his PACE and find whole sections that are skipped.  But he catches onto most new concepts pretty quickly and is fun to teach.


To Be Continued...



Comments

Popular Posts