Let it go....

...it's become my mantra lately.  Let. It. Go.  and let God.  I hold so tightly to my plans, my dreams, my view of the way I think things should be.  I can imagine my hand clasped so tightly around those things that my knuckles are turning white, kind of like a small child holding so tightly to something they don't want to give up or share.  And their father comes and pries their fingers open, one by one.  That's me - I'm that child - holding so tightly to something.  But unlike that child, my heavenly Father is not going to pry my fingers open and make me release whatever I'm holding onto.  He urges me quietly, in His still, small way to "let it go".

It's scary, because I have no idea where it will take me, or how it will make my life will look.  What if I hate the life that God has planned for me?  My version sounds so much better.  These thoughts keep running through my head.  So I keep grasping at the broken pieces of my life, while God patiently waits to use those broken pieces to create something new...and better.  Something better than my small mind could imagine.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE.
~Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

  1. beautiful post...you did a good job of putting into words the same thing I struggle with. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts