Trials keep you strong

And he said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
~II Corinthians 12:9

 
Thank God, we usually don't know ahead of time what hard things He's going to ask us to do or to go through.  Because when I do know, I usually think it looks too hard for me.  I tend to think, "God, how could you ask me to go through this?  I am so weak!  I can't handle this right now!"  But today the above verse came to mind.  My God knows just when I need more of His grace and more of His strength.  And His timing is PERFECT!  He doesn't give me what I need before I need it, but just at exactly the right time.

Sometimes I wish away the bad times, the hard times, the stretching times.  But without the bad times, there wouldn't be any good times.  If there were no valleys, there wouldn't be any mountaintops. 
 
Do you no know?  Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
The Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
And His understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
And increases the power of the weak.
Isaiah 40:28-29

Comments

Popular Posts