Everyday Gifts

Beauty - it's all around us.  And for that reason sometimes I think we take it for granted.  So recently I've started a gift list - proof of God's love for those days when I can't really feel it.  And I want to find joy in the small things.  The things that too often I look right by, or take for granted.

And even though this next-thing-to-paradise place where I live makes it easy to find beauty, I'm sure wherever life finds you right now has plenty of beautiful opportunities too!

This verse has really made me think: 

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.  ~Romans 1:21

The book I just finished reading, 1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp, brings out the connection between being thankful for the everyday gifts that God has given us and our spiritual condition.  I think the verse above only further illustrates that.  And with how often I forget to thank God for his daily gifts to me, that is a sobering thought!

So here are some of the gifts I've been receiving lately:

*My rambunctious class.  They have the ability to make me laugh at the times I am most stressed. (They are also the reason that I am usually stressed, but we're looking on the bright side here!)
Can you tell I have a bunch of boys in my class? :)

*Gorgeous scenery...especially the beaches...year-round!
Grand Anse Beach
*Some delicious strawberry cheesecake from a friend with very good timing! ;)
 
*Dear housemates who put up with me and all my quirks and like to do crazy stuff too. ;)
 
*And I can't forget friends who are too far away right now, but fortunately I can still connect with!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts