A Blanket of Stars

The other weekend, I experienced a new "first"!  Camping on the island of Grenada!  I was excited when I heard that the youth girls from all three locations would be camping out on a point for one night.  So one afternoon after school, we packed up a few necessities and climbed on the back of the truck, for the short drive to Hallelujah Point, right by the airport.
I also thought this was a good opportunity to bring my camera along, and when the sunset began getting gorgeous, I whipped out my camera....only to find that the batteries were dead! :(  (So all the pictures contained in this post are borrowed - photo credits to Bethany M.)

We set up a tarp attached to the truck in case of rain and to put all our belongings underneath.  Some juice happened to spill and all at once we were mybone (bee) magnets!



Across the little inlet you could see St. George University - a medical school attended by mostly American students.


Tracy, Amanda, Leann, and Melody

God's amazing artwork!

Jess, Olivia and Bethany turning the delicious homemade ice cream!
 A campfire was started and we started making moutain pies - my favorite!!!  Afterwards there was homemade ice cream for dessert!  We spent the rest of the evening singing and talking around the campfire, walking down the beach, and watching the sky for falling stars!  Then we pulled out our bedding and slept underneath a gorgeous blanket of stars!  At first I thought the grass beneath my blanket was soft and cushiony, but after awhile I realized that either the grass was dying off rapidly or my blanket was getting thinner, because I was no longer feeling well-cushioned!  I think I managed to get some sleep though!

Making mountain pies (or in my case - burning moutain pies)

Tracy & I

The next morning we ate breakfast and then piled into the bus and the truck for a relaxing morning on the beach.  It was a wonderful time to recharge, grow closer to each other, and relax!

Comments

Popular Posts