Independence Day and more

If I didn't have an excuse for my sporadic blogging before, I have one now!  Blogging is harder for me without any pictures to go off of and now the amount of pictures I have is down to ZERO!  I am not computer savvy by any means, but I would say I can get by.  I was just thinking to myself the other day that I really should find a way to back up my computer since that's where I keep all my pictures, etc.  But without an external hardrive or even a flash drive, I wasn't sure of what the best way to go about that would be...and so I didn't do anything.  I am now officially regretting that decision!  My computer is no longer in my possession - I guess someone needed it more than I did.  But in taking my computer, they also took over a year's worth of pictures and other needed files. :(
So I will be borrowing pictures from my dear housemates, I suppose.  For awhile, anyway...

Love these kids so much - Ashton, Joshua, Tevin, Jennarosa, & Uel

Grenada's Independence Day is February 7.  The day before is referred to as "dress-down day"or "national colors day" or something of the sort.  The students went all out in the national colors of red, green, and yellow, otherwise referred to ice, green, and gold.  We celebrated Independence Day with Grenada's national dish - oildown.  My favorite!

The next day (Independence Day holiday) we had our revival service by Pastor Glen Sauder in the morning and then we headed to the Morne Jaloux playing field for lunch and the afternoon.  After a lunch of roti's, salad, bars, and juice, a cricket game was started, the volleyball was brought out to bump back and forth, and numerous footballs were flying around.

Our week of revival concludes this Sunday evening.  God's been working in people's hearts, I believe, and he's got amazing plans for this tiny island of Grenada!

Comments

Popular Posts