Visitors and a Wedding

This past week has gone by in a flash.  I hope the rest of the weeks don't pass quite that quickly!
My mom & dad came to visit me for almost a week.  They stayed in a nearby apartment and so most of the nights I went and stayed with them.  I got to have 2 afternoons off from school.  One because it was a half-day of school due to the upcoming wedding (and my very kind co-teachers agreed to go along with my class to swimming lessons in the afternoon).

Since they had been to Grenada twice before, they were content to just mostly tag along with what I was doing and go with the flow.



Ready for swimming lessons

We did do a couple of extra things, though, that are not in my normal routine:




Mom & Pop ;)
God's gorgeous handiwork


Fish Friday in Gouyave
One evening, we hopped on the bus for a very long and speed-bump filled ride to the town of Gouyave, home of Fish Friday. (Incidentally also the home of Olympic medalist Kirani James).  This fishing town closes down a street or two and sells delicious seafood and other delicacies.  Dad, Mom, & I shared a number of things: mahi-mahi, breadfruit fries, fried fish, a bake, & fried plantain.

I was so glad to have them here!


Finally the big day had arrived - Anika & Kellon's wedding!  Anika used to attend the same church as me, but after moving, she now attends the Laura church - the same one as Kellon.  So unfortunately, I don't get to hang out with her as much as I once did.

Andre, Moses, Shonda

The happy couple!

Sid & Bill

Leanne, me, Laura, Toni, Andrea, Tracy, Shivoni, Rhonda, Amanda

Shereen & I

My lovely housemates & I

The {very crowded} reception
On Sunday, the men of the church showed their appreciation for mothers by taking care of preparing the fellowship meal.  Even though I'm not a mother, I still got to experience the benefits.  They made brown-down, macaroni pie, cabbage & potato salads, carrot salad, cake/brownies, fruit slush and juice.  It was delicious!  Maybe they should take care of the fellowship meals more often!


And now life's a little more back to normal...until the next thing.  The month of May contains several holidays and so I'm sure the days will continue to fly along!


A head full of fears has no space for dreams!

Comments

Popular Posts